Notifications
Clear all

Accepting bachelor from foreign colleges...

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@tajik)
Topic starter  

I'm studying in Tajik-Turkish High School and I want to enter to a college or university in Turkey to achieve bachelor degree in Chemistry. Is that possible that medical schools in USA would accept this bachelor degree from Turkish university or college which don't have pre-med school?

ReplyQuote
(@drdave)
Admin Admin

It will be extremely difficult to find a US medical school that would accept undergraduate training from a foreign country. You would need to complete the required pre-med courses, which should be available at your college. The challenge would be finding a school that accepts foreign college graduates. Unfortunately, I don't have much experience in this area. If you do find medical schools willing to consider foreign college graduates, please share your information here as it will be helpful for other visitors.

ReplyQuote
(@mbonner)

Tajik,

I think you will find difficulties getting into a US med school with that background. If you are looking to practice (not just study) in the US, you may want to look into other foreign medical schools with different (not necessarily better or worse) standards that have US approval. Disclosure: I do represent one such institution, but if you do your research you will find quite a few others that would put you on that path.

- MB, AUA Representative

ReplyQuote
Share: