Clear all

freshman spring semester classes?

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@onelove)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Im currently a freshman in my spring semester. I can't take bio 1, or chem 1 yet.
I'm forced to take electives due to being in this situation. What kind of electives would be good for a premed student to take?

my schedule is as follow:

Intermediate Italian I
Understanding Poetry
western Humanities I
psych 100 ( im a psych major)
Art Hisotyr - rennaisance to rococo.

I'm possibly going to take piano lessons for credit or join an ensemble for credit.

I may not be able to get into the italian so I would have to add another class. I also probably would wnat to add another class so I can take less classes next year.

What kind of classes would you guys recommend taking?

ReplyQuote
(@drdave)
Admin Admin

For electives, I'd recommend taking classes that interest you. It doesn't really matter all that much what you take for classes as an undergrad as long as you take the pre-med courses.

Aside from course of interest to you, you probably will want to take classes that are from teachers who have a good reputation. Also, consider classes that you won't have an opportunity to take during med school or later.

Basically, enjoy the options that you have.

ReplyQuote
(@corpsman-up)
Estimable Member

When it comes to electives, I would heartily recommend B.O.S.S.E.S. -- a.k.a. the "Brilliant One-Step Strategy for Elective Selection..."

(This is assuming that you are also completing the pre-med science curriculum, of course):

Ready? Go.

1) Ask yourself, "Do I like, or am I interested in learning more about, __________?"

If YES, take it.

If NO, pick something else.

Seriously, there are plenty of things to worry about when preparing for med school (GPA, MCAT prep, selecting and scheduling extracurricular or research activities, remembering to eat and do laundry, maintaining some semblance of a social life, etc.). Electives, praise be, are not one of them.

Good luck, and enjoy that undergrad ride! 😀

Curtis Nordstrom

ReplyQuote
Share: