Notifications
Clear all

studying in ontario, canada

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@dua_muzzu)
Topic starter  

I am totally out of this college thing i am a high school senior in Illinois who plan to study futher in canada. in canada i have to decide my major b4 i apply. i want to be a pshychiatrist . Can i go onto medical school after i get my bachelors in nursing? the college i am applying to doesnt offer any pre-med major and the only related feild is nursing. can i become a psychiatrist with a bachelors is nursing?
and how is the process goin to be?. after i get my bachlelors and graduate from med school wat more is there for me to do? and it is very important for me to know if i will be able to get into med school with bachelors in nursing.

ReplyQuote
(@drdave)
Admin Admin

Discussion on nursing degree then going to medical school

Check out the above thread for my full response in the past. Just so you know, there is no such thing as a "pre-med" major. You can major in anything, as long as you take all the pre-med courses required for medical school.

After medical school, you'd need to complete a residency program in whichever field you want to specialize in. You do get paid while in a residency program (but not much), and for psychiatry, residency programs take 4 years to complete.

ReplyQuote
Share: