Notifications
Clear all

question about med-psych residency

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@mcvcom2007)
Topic starter  

I was just checking out the unfilled Residency's in Med-Psych for 2004. I saw that Tulane went unfilled as well as UVA. I was wondering if anyone knew how common this was and how difficult it is to get a med-psych residency. Or if anyone out there had any information on either of these programs. They are my top choices at this time. Thanks so much.

Mary Carolyn C. Vinson, MSII
Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine
2265 Kraft Drive
Blacksburg, VA 24060<a href="mailto: [email protected]">[email protected]

ReplyQuote
(@drdave)
Admin Admin

Combined programs are generally a little more difficult to match in than the medicine residency program at that particular place. The reason I say that is because the medicine programs are usually a little tougher to match into than the psychiatry programs. Being a combined program, there are usually only 2-4 spots available at any particular program - as a result, the programs become more competitive just based on the fact that there are a limited number of slots.

UVA used to be one of the top combined programs. Around 5-6 years ago, it seemed they slipped a few notches - I don't know where they stand today.

Tulane has always been a decent program, and I'd assume they continue to be fairly good.

My main suggestion is to interview at any of hte programs of interest to you. Based on the interviews, you'll have the best sense of which program is right for you.

ReplyQuote
Share: