Notifications
Clear all

studying aboard

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
(@emzii)
Topic starter  

i'll be graduating from high school in a month, and i was wondering would it effect in any way if i plan on going to a uni in a different country because i plan on going to med school in US? or is it better to stay in US cos getting in med school first requires the MCAT and also all the pre-med classes.

ReplyQuote
(@drdave)
Admin Admin

I'm not sure that international universities have the same level of science classes that you would take at an American university in a pre-med curriculum. The main factors in getting into medical school are good grades (GPA) and MCAT scores. The GPA of course must include the necessary pre-med courses. The better the college is, the better your chances are as well, assuming you get good grades and good MCAT scores.

Also, I assume you are either a US citizen or have permanent resident status. From what I've heard, it is extremely rare to get accepted to medical school otherwise, unless you do the MD/PhD tracks, as it looks like there are funding issues for international students.

ReplyQuote
(@parkerlindsey)

Hi emzii

I have completed my Graduation over here but now I am going to abroad for Post Graduation. I have taken the admission in US university. I got the 3 years study visa in US after going there I will apply for permanent visa in US.

ReplyQuote
Share: