Notifications
Clear all

Question

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

I've just graduated from College with a major in English. I've always wanted to persue a medical career in cardiology. I would like to know what I must do in order to pursue a career in medicine. Any suggestions would be good. Thanks 😕

ReplyQuote
(@drdave)
Admin Admin

A good place to start would be the medical education frequently asked questions
and go through some of the sites listed in my medical education resources which I really should update as I haven't for a while.

Once you've looked over that, let me know if you still have questions.

My biggest question for you is that if you've always been interested in pursuing a career in medicine, why did you wait until after you graduated college to ask what you need to do to pursue cardiology? Although, it is never too late to start a career in medicine (although it is more difficult - see the non-traditional medical student web site).

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

Thank you for the prompt reply. I guess my answer to your question about waiting after graduation to inquire about Medical School options is because I had a real lack of confidence. Now I feel I can go through it, though I'm a bit weary still. Got to face my fears, as I would love a career in medicine. Please feel free to offer any additional suggestions. I need as much information as I can gather from people in the field.

THANK YOU!!!

ReplyQuote
Share: