Notifications
Clear all

practice mcat

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

My school is offering a practice MCat this saturday. Is there any reason that I shoudln't take it other than the fact that I have to wake up early. I am still a freshman in college and therefore haven't really had an pracice for it, nor do I know what to expect.

ReplyQuote
(@drdave)
Admin Admin

By saying you are a freshman, you mean you have been in college for a few weeks?

I definitely think that taking as many practice MCATs as you can tolerate is a good thing. However, taking it before you've had most of the pre-med classes is not going to be as useful as taking it much later.

The biggest value of taking a practice MCAT this early is that you'll get a sense of the layout and the type of information you're likely to see on the actual MCAT. As you'll have plenty of time to take practice MCATs later, the value is therefore not that great. If you've already taken a lot of the pre-med classes as AP courses in high school, though, the value would be much higher, as taking it even at the start of sophomore year would be more worthwhile.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

Yea I have been in college for only a few weeks. The only premed clssses I have taken would be ap bio in 11th grade and chem and physics in 10th and 12th respectively.

ReplyQuote
(@jl87d)

Do it, what have you got to lose?

It will give you a preview of whats to come: The material you'll need to know, and the layout of the test.
But, make sure you don't beat yourself up for not being able to answer many of the questions now and, or finding out you did not do well when you get the results. The mcats are tough! You'll know a lot more by the time you take them for real .

Jl87d,
🙂 (-:

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

Do med schools have any way of finding out how i did on the test or if I ever even took a practice mcat?

ReplyQuote
(@corpsman-up)
Estimable Member

The only MCAT scores that any schools will ever see or know about are official scores that you allow the MCAT people to release to that school.

As far as taking a practice one now -- feel free if you want to, but don't get all freaked out if it doesn't go splendidly. You haven't yet learned most of the material, so bear that in mind!

Good luck to you. 😉

Curtis Nordstrom

ReplyQuote
Share: