Clear all

Grad School Master Programs for GPA Improvement

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@angelgirl8415)
Topic starter  

Hi,

I am currently a high school science teacher and have been teaching for two years (Biology, Earth Space, Physical Science, Chemistry). I received a Bachelors degree in Chemistry and my GPA was really low (2.76). I also did not score too well on the MCAT and so decided not to apply to medical school my senior year. I became a teacher with the idea that this was going to be my career and what I was destined to do. Although I thoroughly enjoy teaching, I decided to take the advice that I always give my students, to pursue their dreams no matter how many times they fail. Thus I decided to pursue my dream of becoming a doctor and one day providing free health in Dominican Republic where I was born.

I was thinking about getting a Masters degree to improve my GPA. I applied to the Biomedical Sciences Masters at Barry University and unfortunately did not get in. I looked into Microbiology because it really interests me but there aren't any Masters in Microbiology down in South Florida. I really wanted to get a Masters degree while still teaching. Is there any other Master or other options that you would suggest?

Thank you

ReplyQuote
(@drdave)
Admin Admin

Angelgirl,

I'm not very familiar with different master's programs to help improve your chances of getting into medical school. With your current GPA, you will have a very difficult time improving your grades enough to get into a medical school.

As for other master's programs in Florida, it sounds like you've already done your research so unless another visitor here has some ideas, I unfortunately don't have anything else to offer you.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

Most osteopathic (D.O.) medical schools have a lower admissions GPA minimum than allopathic (M.D.) schools:
Michigan State- 2.7
Ohio Univ.- 2.0
Midwestern U- 2.75
etc.

ReplyQuote
Share: