Notifications
Clear all

choosing an undergraduate colleges for medical school

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

I have a question about undergraduate colleges. I got an acceptance letter by both University of Georgia and Emory University. I am planning to go in medical schools. Would I get an advantage by studying undergraduate in Emory if I plan to apply to emory medical schools? What if I apply to other medical schools? I am not saying University of Georgia is bad, but I heard that University of Georgia is easier to get better GPAs than Emory. I already finished basic bio, chem, and phys(non-calculus based), but I haven't finished organic chem. My major is biology for now.

ReplyQuote
(@drdave)
Admin Admin

I'm a bit confused. Where did you complete your pre-med courses if you are accepted at Univ of Georgia and Emory? You sound like you are in college now, but you are considering switching?

Emory is actually where I went for undergraduate and I believe I received an excellent education. I personally had a bad experience during the interview process for their medical school, but I'm hoping they don't have the same types of issues they had when I was considering their program. It is always a trade-off of grades vs caliber of the school you are attending. I think you should go to the college that is the best fit for you. If you do well at Emory undergrad, and you are really interested in going there for medical school, you may have a slight advantage, but not necessarily. I wouldn't select an undergrad program based on wanting to go to their medical school. You should go to the best undergraduate school for you - that isn't necessariliy the best overall, but the one where you will get the best education based on your learning style and interests.

ReplyQuote
(@dudieezper)

Yes indeed, your question is a bit confusing. Please try to elaborate further but anyway I'd rather suggest you go directly to the said schools and ask personally. I am sure their admission department are more than willing to accommodate your inquiries. Angioplasty

ReplyQuote
Share: