Transferring from international med school to us one

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 moon
(@moon)
Topic starter  

Hello...
I'm a medical student from Sudan, 4th year and I have 2 years to graduate with MBBS, but I would like to transfer to US and complete these years. I have the green card but the american passport not yet. My question is can I transfer and finish these years and what are the requirements for that?

Thanks,,

ReplyQuote
(@drdave)
Admin Admin

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of experience with international medical schools. You may want to check out some of the related posts listed at the bottom of this thread and see if more information is available there.

I know that getting into US medical schools is extremely difficult even for US college students. I think it is much more difficult for international graduates and I would not be surprised if medical schools would not give you any credit for your medical training in another country, especially if the education system is markedly different from the US.

I would suggest trying to find people from your country who have trained in the US and see if they can provide any additional insight into the best ways to get this done. If you can find out any answers, I would greatly appreciate if you could share them here, as I know many people come to this website looking for information on getting into US medical schools after living in another country.

ReplyQuote
Share: