Notifications
Clear all

35 going back to college - interested in med school

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

hi, here's the deal. i am 35 and have finally decided to attend college. money will be an issue as i am an hourly manager for mcdonald's. i want to go med. am unsure of exactly which way med, am thinking anesthesology, but am undecdided at this point. i live in Lincoln, Nebraska. Are there any good schools close by and where do I start? also any advice with financial aid? i should mention that right out of high school i attended community college for a week......we all know what happened and I dropped out. After that I served in the Army for 4 years. Please tell me you have some advice for me............both of my step sisters are nurses and I really want to go to Med School but have no idea how to go about it.

ReplyQuote
(@drdave)
Admin Admin

You will need to take the required pre-med courses at a 4 year college. Some colleges may offer night classes that you can take which would satisfy those requirements. You would need to talk to the particular schools to get a better idea of what kind of financial aid you would be eligible for. You are looking at a HUGE financial undertaking as well as the time commitment before you will be ready to have a regular job. I haven't looked for a while, but there used to be a few fairly active forums for older medical students. Do a search for "non-traditional medical student" and you should get some good suggestions. Here's one forum to get you started.

This post was modified 2 years ago by DrDave

ReplyQuote
Share: