Notifications
Clear all

undergrad question

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

hi, im currently a sophomore in highschool, it may seem like im too young to even start worrying, but i really want to become a doctor. but i know wanting to is not gonna cut it. i made mistakes last year in slacking off in my science class and math class (grades: C). and i was wondering if that would keep me from takin premed (beside the fact i might not get into the school in itself) im just really confused 😕

ReplyQuote
(@drdave)
Admin Admin

How you do freshman year in high school is unlikely to have much impact on whether you can take pre-med classes. The main issue will be your high school GPA and SAT/ACT scores when you apply to a college. GPA + Scores seem to be the main measures to determine whether you will get accepted to a certain college or not. Almost all colleges, though, will offer pre-med classes. So, I'm sure if you focus, you will do well enough throughout the rest of high school to get accepted to a college. Then, performance in college will be the main indicator of whether you will get into med school or not. High school grades, especially freshman year, will have almost no bearing on whether you get into medical school at that point.

Your goal at this time (aside from making sure you are choosing a profession you really want to pursue) should be to get good grades and good test scores so that you can get into the best college.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

thank you. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Share: