Clear all

True story here

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

True story here!

My mums friends husband (Long chain) before going to medical school, was a Chemistry teacher, he decided to change in his early 30's in which he became a doctor.

he carried this on into his 40's and now is (not sure what its exactly called) a A grade dcotor and also a fully qualified psychiatrist.
Yet he started at the age of 30!

Heh I guess it's hard I myself want to beceome a psychiatrist unliek my mum who is a psychologist!
But yet there is one majoy difference, and i know this fromfirst ahdn experience, Psyhciatrist earn in nearly all cases MUCH more than psychologists even when taking private patients full time.

But its not all about the money and yes psychologists themselves (privates) earn a nice ammount of money and is a good enjoyable job, but is damned hard to become one!
yet my mums 47 and she's been qualified for 5 years yet she is still one and is managing great etc. And still managed to carry ons tudying even through the death of my father!

So there is no stopping you to becoem a psychiatrist no matter what your age or gender, ethnicity etc. Hope eveyrone achieves there dream, for I for one am going to hehe! 😀

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

Me again sorry posted on a new thread when i meant to post on a old thread oops!

ReplyQuote
(@cptcomeback)

That is very, very similiar to my background. It's very encouraging to hear of others who have tread this path already! Thanks! 😀

ReplyQuote
Share: