Notifications
Clear all

Re: med school interviews

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

I was wondering if anyone could offer their advice on this. I have for a long time been very interested in child psychiatry and psychology, and have thus pursued relevant jobs/extracurriculars (worked as a behavioral therapist with autistic children for several years, research assistant for childhood autism research, etc.) Although I seriously considered the Ph.D. route, I have decided (after years of consideration) to pursue an M.D. and am applying next summer.

My question is this: do I bring up my child psychiatry interest during med school interviews? And does my psych-related experience make me look too narrowly focused?

I'm also interested in developmental pediatrics or pediatric neurology, and I certainly recognize that my goals could change during the course of med school, but should I try to highlight my child psych interest? It's something I've been very committed to and have a serious passion for, but I'm concerned that admissions committees might think that my focus is too narrow, or that I'm not serious enough/prepared enough to tackle med school. Any thoughts? Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Share: