Notifications
Clear all

Re: MCAT study recommendations to fit my situation?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

I have not yet taken most of the medical school pre-requisite classes because I am majoring in philosophy and recently decided to pursue a career in medicine. Therefore I will need to take the MCAT before taking the required classes. If I take the exam next year, is there a reasonable probability that I can do well on the MCAT with nothing but independent studies? Would someone kindly recommend an MCAT oriented teaching material. I emphasize, "teaching" because the Kaplan and Princeton review?s are in-depth to the point of providing extraneous explanations that do not focus on doing well on the MCAT.
Thank you so much for anything offerd,
Jason

ReplyQuote
(@drdave)
Admin Admin

It's been a while since I took the MCAT, but I had taken all of the classes ahead of the test. I suppose it is possible that you could teach yourself what you needed to know for the exam, but it'd be pretty tough.

I don't know exactly what you mean by "teaching" but it seems you are interested in learning what you need to know for the MCAT. After researching Amazon's comments, it seems that ExamCrackers get's very high remarks:

Complete MCAT preparation guide

You also may want to check out the ExamCrackers web site - looks like the author puts quite a lot of time and work into the website and answering questions there.

[ Edited by Admin on 2005/1/30 8:50 ]

ReplyQuote
Share: