Notifications
Clear all

pre_med?

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

Hi...im kind of confuse...i know that If you want to become a psychiatrist you can major in anything that you want...but are you suppose to find a unversity with a pre-med program?...thank you for all the help

HT

ReplyQuote
(@drdave)
Admin Admin

You can go to any college, although some colleges have a reputation as having a strong pre-med program. It isn't really a "program", but just that the school has strong classes in the required pre-med classes. Also, perhaps the school has better advisors for pre-med applicants.

If I remember correctly, when I was looking at colleges, I had a version of Fiskes Guide to Colleges which had information about different schools, and I think they mentioned which schools had decent pre-med curriculum.

[ Edited by Admin on 2005/1/30 9:18 ]

ReplyQuote
(@cptcomeback)

It really doesn't matter that much where you go.....or what you major in. Many medical schools now like to boast that they take "diverse" applicants with English or History degrees and such.

Major in a field you enjoy, get as many A's as possible, and do well in the pre-requisites such as Chem, Organic Chem., Bio., etc. Study for the MCAT and kick gluteal. Grades and MCAT is what really matters.

ReplyQuote
Share: