Notifications
Clear all

Pre-Med Chemistry and Physics - what level courses to take?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

Hi. I have a bachelors of science in psychology and a bachelors of science in criminal justice. I'm planning on taking the core science classes I never took in order to apply to medical school (such as two years chemistry and one year physics). Can the one year physics be 101, 102, meaning of the one hundreds, or does it need to be in the two hundred level 201, 202, etc? I'm taking the classes at a community college and I'm afraid I'm wasting my time if the classes are not the right level. The chemistry is one year of inorganic chemistry and one year of organic, but the inorganic is something like 131, 132. Does that matter or as long as the course is basic inorganic chemistry? Thanks for your help 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@drdave)
Admin Admin

Angie Bell,

The chemistry (inorganic), physics, and biology courses are typically 100 level courses (they may be 131 and 132 but depending on the school could also be 101 and 102), but they should be the courses that a chemistry major and physics major is required to take. The courses must be with the associated lab. Organic chemistry is typically at least a 200 level course.

These types of courses are NOT typically offered at community colleges, so PLEASE make sure that your coursework will count towards your pre-med requirements. The courses at community college often don't have an associated lab, and they usually won't count towards a major in that department if you transfer to 4 year college.

ReplyQuote
Share: