Clear all

Plastic Surgery Information

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@drdave)
Admin Admin
Topic starter  

On my other website, someone asked questions about Plastic Surgery - specifically what the training is and what the typically salary is.

As for training, there are two paths that I am aware of for plastic surgery. Training for all physicians is fairly similar during the 4 years of medical school, except for the few elective rotations that most schools offer. Additionally, during medical school, some people do take time off to do research or obtain an additional degree. However, after medical school, the residency training is very different depending on the career being pursued.

The primary track I am aware of to becoming a plastic surgeon is to complete a general surgery residency program (5 years) followed by a 2-3 year plastic surgery fellowship. The second route is to match into a plastic surgery residency program, which I believe is usually a 6 year program.

As for salary information, according to Salary.com, the median salary for plastic surgeons is around $282,000.

Additional information on plastic surgery as a career can be found at this page on the AAMC web site

Hopefully this answered your questions.

ReplyQuote
Share: