Notifications
Clear all

Minor

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

Hi I was just wondering, what is the difference between a major and a minor. What can you do with a minor? I am considering a minor in biology, but what can one do with such a minor or for that matter, any minor?

my major will be pysch.

Has anyone had experience with doublin in bio and pysch/ how difficult is it?

ReplyQuote
(@drdave)
Admin Admin

In order to graduate, you need to have a major. A major is a field of study where you are required to complete a minimum amount / variety of coursework to show that you have sufficiently studied that field.

You can double (or triple) major, which means that you complete the requirements for more than one major.

In order to minor in a field, you have to complete a certain amount of requirements within that field, and it is usually about half the requirements of a major. Having the minor basically shows that you have taken a certain number of classes within that field.

Having a major is probably most important if you are going to graduate school within a certain field. You'd want to major in the field which you plan on pursuing in graduate school. This really doesn't matter for medical school though.

As for a double major in biology and psychology - that probably wouldn't be that difficult, especially if you are going to take all of the pre-med courses. I know in my case, taken all of the pre-med courses only left me 2 courses short of a biology major.

ReplyQuote
Share: