Notifications
Clear all

medical school requirement....

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

Can any1 tell me if a first degree in any science subject can be accepted as a requirement to enter a typical medical school?

ReplyQuote
(@drdave)
Admin Admin

It doesn't matter so much what your major is, as long as you've taken all of the pre-med requirements, which includes:

1 year general chemistry
1 year organic chemistry
1 year biology
1 year physics
and most med schools require 1 year calculus.

You really would need all of those classes anyway to be prepared to take the MCAT.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

Thanks for your reply...I appreciate it on behalf on my friend since it was her question. Thanks again! 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

Hi there,

Any degree is fine to be accepted into medical school. However, just make sure you meet the admission requirements of the medical school(s) that you intend to apply to. Different schools have different requirements and you may want to take those required courses as electives. Period. First, go into something you have a passion for, inorder to achieve your best performance.

Second, consider the methodology of teaching at different medical schools and choose that which appeals to you and your personality the best.

Last secret tip:

If you are looking for financing, checkout canobec.com for Good-Samaritan Vision Grant/Scholarship program. You have a better chance. There are a few people who apply from the West, in fact less than 90,000 people are Western applicants, most are from Asia and Africa. So rests balance the equation. The few that apply from the West are likely to be accepted. BUT they openly say that.

ReplyQuote
Share: