Notifications
Clear all

Med school and marriage

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

I'm going to get married shortly before I start Med School. My mother thinks I am crazy but my fiancee and I feel up to the challenge. Is there anyone out there who has any experience in the matter? Are we being naive or brave?

ReplyQuote
(@drdave)
Admin Admin

It certainly depends on a lot of different factors as far as what is right for you. It would probably be worthwhile to seriously consider what your mother's concerns are, no matter how ridiculous they may seem. Also, it might be beneficial to ask other people whom you trust what they think about the situation.

I'm not aware of any particular pattern, though, as far as timing of marriage and success - but the info may be out there.

I do remember during one retreat in med school there was a meeting about having families as doctors. One female professor recommended to the female students that the best time to have kids is before med school. The females really appreciated that advice.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

i was up to the challenge but my boyfriend of 3 years just left me because he wasn't. go for it! hang on to your significant other. i have more respect for you for trying

ReplyQuote
Share: