Notifications
Clear all

Is it too late?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

I am 30yrs.old in community college (just getting back into the grove). I'm also married with a child. Is it too late to become a psychiatrist?

ReplyQuote
(@drdave)
Admin Admin

Check out a very brief, but recent thread about becoming a medical student later in life. Check out some online forums searching for "nontraditional medical student" as you'll get more information that way. It's possible at 30 with a family but it'll be a HUGE challenge. You'd need to take the required pre-med courses from a full college (not community college), but your experience at Community College should give you some indication of whether you are ready to prepare for medical school. You'd have to get excellent grades in a community college to be able to do well enough at a 4 year university in the pre-med courses. Assuming you do well and you feel up to the challenge, the next step would be to take some of the pre-med courses at a 4 year college. You'll figure out quickly if you are medical school material or not in pre-med science courses.

From what I've read, it's never too late. It won't be easy and may not be worth it, but it's not too late.

Best of luck.

ReplyQuote
Share: