Notifications
Clear all

Honest Opinions Please?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@oatmealfester)
Topic starter  

OK, first of all, I'm a freshman and I know I have a long way to go before I have to officially decide what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. But It's never too early to start thinking about it, right?

So, I've been bouncing from one thing to another through the past couple years and I've realized recently that I have always been interested in how the mind works, personality, behaviors, and things that have to do with that in general. So, I started to think about psychology and psychiatry and the sorts, and I just can't decide what would be best for my interests. Again, I know I am young, but I'm just trying to get a basic idea. My interests may change in the future, but still.

So, any idea on what would suit my interests? Just so I can have a general idea on what I may want to do and how I could start preparing for it early on before waiting till the last minute. Hahaha. Opinions people? 🙂

Constructive critisism welcome. xxx

ReplyQuote
(@drdave)
Admin Admin

From what you are saying, I gather you are a Freshman in high school. It is never too early to find things that are of interest to you. There are many, many fields that relate to personality and how the mind works. There are the areas of clinical psychology and psychiatry (working with patients) as well as research and academic tracks. For example, there are many people who do research and run studies on better understanding the mind. There are people who teach at universities. There are people who work in the advertising fields (as well as many other fields) who need to have a good understanding of how people think. This list actually would be a long list to continue.

At this point in your life, I'd suggest you make the most of school. Take the classes that interest you and that will prepare you well for college. Enjoy the extracurricular activities that you may not get to do in college (sports, music, whatever interests you). And do you what you did here by asking questions and reading information on things that interest you.

Let me know if you have other, more specific questions.

ReplyQuote
(@oatmealfester)
Topic starter  

thank you. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Share: