Notifications
Clear all

Class info.

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

This is my first time here and i was intrigued by the amount of information i was able to receive here.
I graduated HS 7 years ago and did take biology and chemistry. But it's been so long i forgot everything. Now i want to enroll in uni. to get into med-school to practice as a psychiatrist. If i start out in uni and take biology and chemistry class , are they the same bio and chemistry class one learns in High School? If not, and if it's more advanced, should i first learn my biology and chemistry (through correspondence for example) to better prepare me for the science classes in uni? 😕

ReplyQuote
(@drdave)
Admin Admin

Pre-med level biology and chemistry classes are much more advanced than what you take in high school, unless they were AP (advanced placement - college level) classes in high school. I don't know that taking any correspondence courses first will help all that much either. If you were good in biology and chemistry in high school, then I'd consider just taking the college level classes and see how you do. If you struggled in high school, then you'll probably struggle with the college level, whether you took easier classes first or not. I'd probably suggest in that case taking an intro to biology class at the college level just to make sure you can do well enough, and it might help you get ready for the pre-med level class. I suppose a correspondence class wouldn't be all that much different, but I don't know anything about how the correspondence classes work.

ReplyQuote
Share: