Notifications
Clear all

Am I too Old...Help

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@willsgnc)
Topic starter  

I am 35 years old, my kids are all school age a self sufficient and my husband is now retired from the military, now it is my turn. Now, I have had pleanty of time to bounce around on what to do w/myself and psychiatry won. Have I waited to late in life to pull this off. I am so ready for the challenges, I have been taking courses here and there. I am starting CC in the Spring and my husband is on board totally with my decision. I just need to know what are the stats of people like me. Am I all that rare a breed to start going towards medical career in my mid 30's? Please Advise

Thanks
Celestial 😕

ReplyQuote
(@drdave)
Admin Admin

[ Edited by Admin on 2007/2/2 23:06 ]

ReplyQuote
(@corpsman-up)
Estimable Member

A student in their mid-30's would not have been NEAR the oldest in my first-year medical school class... however, if you still have to get through undergrad and get IN to medical school, you are probably looking being 40 or so when you begin.

A 40-y.o. still wouldn't have been the oldest person in my class, though -- we had a student who was 50.

Make REALLY sure that you know EXACTLY what you are doing, and that you are up to it, however. It's a hard friggin' slog.

Good luck! 😎

Curtis Nordstrom

ReplyQuote
Share: