Notifications
Clear all

biology major and transferring colleges

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

if i am a transfer student and i transfered in the middle of bio for majors do i need to take bio I over again or can i go where ever i want and take the Bio II the second half of the course?

[ Edited by Admin on 2004/3/1 18:02 ]

ReplyQuote
(@drdave)
Admin Admin

Let me preface this by making it clear I am not a school counselor! Nonetheless, this is what I would guess is the truth:

If you are at a typical college, most should let you transfer the credit. If you are at a junior college and you are transferring to a full university, then the university may not accept your transfer of credits. Obviously, you'd want to check with the particular school you are considering transferring to - it should be a fairly basic question for one of their counselors to find the answer to.

The only potential problem I can see with biology classes is that there isn't a clear syllabus that all biology classes use - some may teach microbiology the first semester and anatomy the second half - or something like that. Of course, if you are transferring to a school that does the reverse, you may have a problem.

In the end, if you are looking to apply to medical school down the road, you should be prepared to answer why you transferred in the middle of a school year - there are plenty of legitimate reasons, but just be prepared to answer the question.

ReplyQuote
Share: