Notifications
Clear all

Pursuing a Nursing Degree...Don't know where to start...

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@adoitguy)
Topic starter  

Hello,
I am interested in attending school for nursing. I have already received a Bachelors of Arts and I am hoping that some of my general education classes will transfer to cover some of the prerequisites for the nursing program. I wan't to try and take the most cost effective route so, I am considering going to a community college, where I can complete the prerequisites as well as receive a ADN in nursing. Following my ADN, I would like to complete my BSN. I basically would like to know of some accredited community colleges in the Chicago area, (I live in the city but wouldn't mind traveling to a near by suburb). I understand that a waiting list is a common factor when applying to a nursing program, what is the average wait list? What schools, if any, don't have a wait list? I'd also like to know, if I were to complete my ADN, how much longer would it take me to complete my BSN, (average credited hours)? What are the chances of being hired by a hospital with a ADN over a BSN? I know that reports say Nurses are in high demand but I have also read a lot about nurses having a hard time finding jobs, is there a large demand for nurses in the Chicago area?

If someone could answer a few of these questions for me, it would be of great help.

Kind Regards,
adoitguy

ReplyQuote
Share: