Notifications
Clear all

Poor high school grades - want to become a psychiatrist

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

This is an old thread and I hope someone will still respond. I'm wanting to become a psychiatrist or psychologist. I didn't do well in high school until my senior year. I joined the military the summer after graduating and spent 7 years active duty and spent 3 years in the special forces. I know that I am very motivated when I have a goal set, and never quit. After the military I became a police officer and really enjoyed helping people through hard times. I'm looking to go back to school full time and get my degree, then I plan on going through medical school, in hopes of becoming a psychiatrist. My major concern is my high school grades, my freshman through junior transcripts are something I wish I could bury deep in the Gobi desert so nobody will find them... EVER!!!

Being 29, with poor high school grades, do I stand a chance on making it?

ReplyQuote
(@drdave)
Admin Admin

Adam,

My own opinion is that if you do well in college, taking challenging courses (which you will need to do for pre-med), then your high school grades will not be that important. I don't think high school grades are much of a factor in the medical school application process.

I wouldn't worry about the high school grades. Best of luck!

ReplyQuote
Share: