Clear all

freshman in pharmacy want to transfer to medicine school

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@shrouk-allle)
Topic starter  

hello

i am freshman in college (in the Faculty of Clinical Pharmacy ) .

i would like to become a physician and go to medicine school ,and i was wandering what should i do ?

should i right now quit clinical pharmacy and apply to medicine school . i mean i don't know the requirement . does the fact that i am already in a college affect the chances of me getting accepted into a good medicine school .

here's the case . i always want to be a physician but i am actually an international student . i live in the middle east (live in Egypt to be specific ),where the system of applying to colleges is not very advanced . you don't get to have a second chance . my SAT score was low unforuntely and so i couldn't make the faculty of medicine . however with my score i managed to get the second best here , which is the faculty of pharamace . now that i am in the Clinical pharmacy program we take alot of medical subjects such as organic chemistry . physiology , histology ,and alot more to come . NOTICE : that i am only 18 years old and i just finished my first semester .

the deal is that i really want to become a physician ,a doctor . is there any chance and hope that maybe i can accomplish my dream of becoming a doctor ??

i want a college abroad because that's my only chance due to the very ignorant system here in egypt .

what should i do now ? immediately quit clinical pharmacy now ? or should i stay a while , complete the rest of the year , and maybe the subjects that i studied could benifit my application ? or should i wait till i graduate from clinial pharmacy and i am 22 years old then i apply for medicine school abroad .

sir i really want to be a doctor and i should be .i can do anything to make that happen . study whatever it takes .take any test .

and my deepest fear is becoming 30 and regret not doing this earlier .

also what are the requirements and tests i should take .

ReplyQuote
(@drdave)
Admin Admin

I'm not too familiar with the process for trying to get into a US medical school after graduating from another country. From what I have read, though, it is extremely unlikely. US medical schools are very competitive for US graduates. The medical schools that will accept foreign students are rare, making those spots even more competitive.

I'm sorry I don't have more information.

ReplyQuote
Share: