Notifications
Clear all

where can i get medical edu. for free in US?/

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@ninyaangomas)
Topic starter  

I'm a 22yr old female, graduated from high school 4yrs ago...i badly want to become a doctor & have MD in dermatology & Neurology...and i also want ot work voluntarily for International organisation like Doctors without Borders..i want to know where & from which org. i can get the sponsorship..i had science( Physics, Chemistry & Biology) subjects as major in high school & secured 65% in my last 10+2 yr of the school..i got 72/100 in english in high school..please suggest

ReplyQuote
(@drdave)
Admin Admin

ninyaangomas,

I'm not familiar with your terminology for grades (secured 65%) so I'm not sure what that means. I'm curious if you attended school outside of the US? You also don't mention if you attended college and how you did in college. If you are saying that your grades in high school were a C average, then you would really need to demonstrate that you are capable of much better grades in college.

Assuming you didn't go to college, you would first need to obtain a 4 year degree and take the required pre-med courses. Unless you had exceptional grades or some other extraordinary talent for a scholarship, I'm not aware of any options for getting a medical school education for free. I don't know if financial aid is something you are eligible for as another alternative.

You also mentioned havign an "MD in dermatology & neurology". An MD is a general medical degree. After medical school you would need to do a residency in either dermatology or neurology. The two fields don't have a huge area of overlap.

ReplyQuote
Share: