Notifications
Clear all

Vet program -- doctor wannabe

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

Hello everyone. I am currently taking the course requirements at my local community college that is required be be a vet. But I recently was thinking quite a bit about what I would contribute to society. Yes, I would get to work with animals, which would be cool. But being a doctor... I'd get to save people's lives, not just their pets. I'm not really sure what to do now... Does anyone have any advice for me?

ReplyQuote
(@drdave)
Admin Admin

I would say go with whatever you think you will enjoy more. While doctors do often help people deal and recover from illness, as a vet you will help people by helping their pets. I think you are making a contribution to society either way as many people consider their pets as a family member. I admit it isn't the same contribution, but I would think being a vet would be very rewarding too. And I think there are many aspects of being a veterinarian that would be very enjoyable. So - go with what you think you will enjoy but don't skip something you think you will regret skipping.

On a seprate note, I'm not sure that community college will meet the requirements for either veterinary school or medical school. I know the science requirements for medical school can not be met at a community college; however, just looking at one vet schools requirements, it looks like you can take the basic science courses at a community college.

ReplyQuote
Share: