Notifications
Clear all

undergrad completion time frame

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@megc0523)
Topic starter  

Do medical schools look at or care how long it took someone to complete their undergrad and prerequisites ?
I have been in school since 2008 and just received my AA and most of my pre-requisites due to me having to take 2 semesters off. Also , my parents are paying for my undergrad tuition out of pocket since I don't any any scholarship money so I can only take up to what they can afford to pay at the time. Does that matter to them ( med school admissions) how long it takes or does it just matter that you complete it , get good GPA, and good mcat scores?

ReplyQuote
(@drdave)
Admin Admin

megc0523,

I have not heard anything specific about med schools caring how long it takes someone to complete undergrad. I think that if you are way outside the typical range, you should be prepared to explain why it took you so long. I would think if grades are good and MCAT scores are good, taking a few extra years to complete college for a reasonable reason would not be any problem.

ReplyQuote
(@megc0523)
Topic starter  

Okay, thank you for responding btw. I was just asking because I had 2 deaths in my family, back to back... almost 3 that made focusing on school extremely hard. I had taken off one semester and two semesters where I started with a full load and ended dropping down to 1 to 2 classes.

ReplyQuote
Share: