Notifications
Clear all

Is physics required to get into medical school?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

I am a "Exercise and Sports Science Major" and also doing pre-med. I plan on going to Medical School and studying sports medicine. Talking to the advisors at my University they told me that Physics is not required to get into MEdical school, is this true? Also can "Human Anatomy" and "Human Physiology" meet part of my biology requirements? Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@drdave)
Admin Admin

My understanding is all medical schools require physics. You also will need to know it for your MCAT exam. I also think you'd want to stick to the first year of general biology rather than seeing if other things will substitute. It needs to be general biology for biology majors and include an associated lab. If you already know to which medical schools you plan on applying, you can contact those school's admission offices and ask if they would accept what you are suggesting. You can also just pick a few schools to see what they say. If they say 'no' you have your answer. If they say 'yes' then you at least know some schools will accept it.

I'm really surprised your advisor said you don't need to take physics. Have them look at the Medical School Admission Requirements (MSAR) book which includes all of the specifics.

ReplyQuote
Share: