Clear all

Pakistan dental graduate interested in med school in the US

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@belledua)
Topic starter  

Hello there,
Have a complicated question i hope you can help me out here.
I am from Pakistan , i have completed 4 years of bachelors of dental surgery from a dental school in pakistan with a GPA of 3.7 after ECE evaluation. i will be 30 this year. Can i take the MCAT and apply to medical schools in the US. Will the med schools take my four years of dental school and credits equivalent to the premed requirements.

ReplyQuote
(@drdave)
Admin Admin

Belledua,

Your question is similar to one asked last year from a Nigerian graduate interested in medical school in the US.

I don't know what courses were required for your dental degree in Pakistan. Having a college degree from Pakistan, it is going to be very difficult to get into a medical school directly in the US.

You most likely would need to take all of the required pre-med courses at a US college and do very well in those courses. You could then take the MCAT and follow the application process for a US medical school.

You can check with some medical schools and see if they would be willing to accept your coursework from Pakistan, but I am guessing it is unlikely. If you find out other information, please share it in this thread as it will be helpful for other people interested in the topic.

ReplyQuote
(@belledua)
Topic starter  

Thank you for your reply.i will email a few med schools to see what they say.

ReplyQuote
Share: