Clear all

Re: Keeping the motivation to study going

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

Hey Guys,

I've found studying for the MCAT to be fairly full on - but I've also found a great way to relax and still benefit is to read some 'lighter' medically related books. This not only gives me a chance to unwind, but importantly keeps me motivated and my eyes fixed on the prize.

I've read three books which I've really enjoyed - and recommend - motivating but fun to read. (I bought them from Amazon and have pasted the links below .. but I'm sure you could find them at lots of other book stores).

I'm keen to hear of other books people have found motivational/inspirational for my next purchase .. and more importantly study break! 😛

The books that I've read and recommend are (you can get the blurbs from the Amazon links below .. or check out your bookstore):

The Intern Blues: The Timeless Classic About the Making of a Doctor

First Do No Harm

The House of God

Another book that I think everyone has and recommends that I find useful is Kaplan MCAT Comprehensive Review which provides summaries of all the science sections, and reviews verbal reasoning and essay writing. I used this as my basis for knowing what to study for in the MCAT.

Anyway, get out to your book store and get some inspiration. You can do it!!!

😀

[ Edited by Admin on 2005/1/30 8:49 ]

ReplyQuote
Share: