Notifications
Clear all

Hi just wondering about pre-med majors

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

Hi, I'm wondering if medical schools, would consider a major in physics above a major in an easier science, such as biology,(*not sure about this!, just my personal feelings!:-? ) in which the individual scores roughly the same GPA.

ReplyQuote
(@drdave)
Admin Admin

I don't think there would be much of a difference in how the medical school would view that. I know that as a chemistry major, I had the option of taking "baby" p-chem (physical chemistry) or "regular" p-chem - I had been thinking the same thing: would medical school view a slightly worse grade in p-chem comparable to a better grade in baby p-chem? In the end, I took baby p-chem as I didn't think med schools would really take into account the different intensity of the courses, and career-wise, I didn't think the different level of chemistry would make any difference. I figured if I wound up not going to medical school and pursued graduate school in chemistry, I probably would have taken graduate level p-chem anyway.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

Awesome! Thanks a lot for replying! I am probably going to take physics, since it's my fav. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Share: