Notifications
Clear all

freshman and allready transferring.......

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

I am a freshman that was in a 6 year pharm d program. I quickly realized after starting this program that this may not be the right path for me and I dropped it. Right now I am an undecided major at my school taking core classes for SUNY GENESEO which I will most likely transfer to ( other option is binghamton) in the spring semester of this year. How will medical schools see this? how badly will it hurt me that I am transferring from St johns university to Geneseo? ( for undergrad)

ReplyQuote
(@drdave)
Admin Admin

If your grades are okay, it shouldn't matter much. It is something that might come up in interviews, and as long as you can explain your reasons for why you initially thought you wanted to do PharmD, and then why you changed your mind, you'll be fine.

I don't know anything about the specific colleges you are at, so I can't comment on that. I would think that you would have as good of a chance of being accepted as anyone else who attended the 4 year college you take your pre-med classes at - assuming similar grades in those classes and overall. Transferring in shouldn't have too much impact, as long as your grades at the initial school were decent too.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

I felt that I was rushing into a program which I wasn't 100 percent sure of. I didn't want to waste my time if I decided a year or two down the road that this path wasn't fo rme. I also was immensely pressured from my dad and guidance counselors to at least try it. I was tired of rationalizing my decision to go into pharmacy so I just simply switched to undecided....

I don't know what colleges will think of that 🙁

ReplyQuote
(@jl87d)

Don't worry about that to much. It's not uncommon at all, in fact the average student changes majors 3.54 times during their college education! Colleges won't think any less of you as a result of your switching to undecided.

As Dr. Admin said, "It is something that might come up in interviews, and as long as you can explain your reasons for why you initially thought you wanted to do PharmD, and then why you changed your mind, you'll be fine."

Jl87d,
🙂 (-:

ReplyQuote
Share: