Clear all

discrimination and mental health

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 spud
(@spud)
Topic starter  

I've recently had some mental health problems and have been trying to get better although the general community and population seem to discriminate against people who have (or had) mental health disorders, prime examples of this are through employment and the education system. 😡

ReplyQuote
(@derelict)

Welcome to the club, Spud. Discrimination is rampant in the world and mental illness is just one of the many. I was diagnosed with a condition (Bipolar) and the first words my Dr. told me was to be open and honest about it. After I lost my wife, kids, friends, jobs and status in society I began to re-think his advice. My suggestion is NEVER tell anyone and then eventually you might find someone you trust.

Also remember why people are scared. We represent what is the greatest fear of people...to lose control of their minds. I have some pity for them, but also much loathing for the way they treat us...Good Luck, you will need it!

ReplyQuote
 roxy
(@roxy)

Show me anyone who has not come from some form of disfunctionality. Some of our most closeted mentally ill people are,those that dictate to us how we SHOULD feel and then discriminate against us. They are in denial and cowardly. We have at least gone for help and are in a lot of ways, healthier than those that reject us because we think and behave differently than them.
Alot of people want you to join their reality, which is what got a lot of us into trouble, in the 1st place. My reality is just fine with me, as long as it is not harming myself or others. By the way, I don't go around telling people about my mental illness. I just be myself. Why do you think all kinds of insurrance comanies allow you medical benefits? Everyone,right up to the top has these benefits. I don't think that the number of people who use their sick benefits just have a tooth ache!

People who live in glass houses,shouldn't throw stones.
spud wrote:
I've recently had some mental health problems and have been trying to get better although the general community and population seem to discriminate against people who have (or had) mental health disorders, prime examples of this are through employment and the education system. 😡

😉

ReplyQuote
Share: