Clear all

Going to medical school at 39

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

hi,

need some advice on going to medical school at 39...is it too late? has anyone been through that experience?

pls let me know

raj

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

Hi, I was 37 when I applied to 8 med schools. My GPA is 3.92, MCAT scores is above average, a lot of prof. experience.
Was rejected from all of them. Did not get even to interview stage.
I am trying to apply again, but with less optimism. 😥 🙄
Elena.

ReplyQuote
(@drdave)
Admin Admin

Elena,

I am sorry to hear that you had no luck getting accepted into medical school and I am surprised that you didn't even get interviews. I'm wondering if there was something else on your application that kept admissions committees from considering you as a candidate.

In your particular case, I would really try to find someone with knowledge in medical school admissions and have them review your application. Maybe there were issues with your personal statement or where you took your classes. The MCAT generally balances out concerns about where you took pre-med courses (unless you took them at a community college).

I would also encourage older applicants to explore forums for "non-traditional medical students" as you will find a lot more resources and knowledge there than I can offer.

ReplyQuote
Share: