Notifications
Clear all

Bad Grade in Organic Chemistry summer school

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@nationalplaya55)
Topic starter  

I recently took Organic Chemistry 1 over this past summer term and ended up getting a C-. This is due tot the fact that the course was very accerlated not to mention I had an ACS final exam. I'm also only 16 years old. So my question is, if I retake this class and get an A will this affect my chances of getting into medical school?

ReplyQuote
(@drdave)
Admin Admin

Your situation is very different from most people so it's hard to give much useful advice.

I don't know anyone else who took organic chemistry as a 16 year old. It seems very young to be taking that level of a course. Did you enroll in college at a young age or are you in a combined high school / college program? Did you take the class as part of an advanced program for high school students or did you enroll in a college course?

Summer courses are generally very accelerated. I'm not sure why you would be taking it as a summer course at such a young age. I think medical schools would be curious to know what your motivation was to cram in a very difficult course during the summer when you are already ahead of most other high school students.

If you have a good explanation as to why you were taking such a challenging course as a 16 year old, then I think a medical school may be willing to overlook the poor grade if you repeat the course and do well in the future.

ReplyQuote
(@nationalplaya55)
Topic starter  

I dual enroll but my school is different then most other schools. At my school you don't take any high school classes. You just dual enroll full time

ReplyQuote
Share: