Notifications
Clear all

looking for med/psych units

9 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@medpsy)
Topic starter  

Hi all!! I manage a 7 bed med/psych unit in Indiana and am looking for info/sites on other units in the U.S.
Thanks!!

[ Edited by medpsy on 2002/10/19 19:30 ]

ReplyQuote
(@drdave)
Admin Admin

I forwarded your message to Roger Kathol who started up a med-psych unit at University of Iowa. He had run a consulting company which specialized in med-psych services. Hopefully he can help you out.

My other recommendation would be to consider joining the Association of Medicine and Psychiatry and attend their annual meeting or communicate via their e-mail discussion list with the other members.

Hopefully that'll at least get you started.

ReplyQuote
(@medpsy)
Topic starter  

thanks much!

[ Edited by medpsy on 2002/10/20 16:58 ] :hammer:

[ Edited by medpsy on 2002/10/20 17:00 ]

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

Hello,
I am a PGY5 resident at Rush Medical Center in Chicago. I'm graduating in July and am looking for work opportunities. I saw your message and was wondering if I could send you my resume.
Thank you
Nasri Jacir M.D.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

University Health Systems of Eastern North Carolina, Pitt County Memorial Hospital is starting to search for a Psych/Med Director. Unit open 18 months, expands up to 19 beds.

252-816-4100

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

Email me personally and I can help you.
[email protected]

ReplyQuote
(@drdaviss)

We have a 26-bed med-psych unit in Baltimore at GBMC. The beds are licensed as medical beds, and we use a co-attending model (with the primary care doc being the primary attending and the psychiatrist is a consultant). Contact me if you want more info.

=Steve

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

I have been trying to start one at Bellevue in NYC. I would love advice.

ReplyQuote
(@drdave)
Admin Admin

I have been trying to start one at Bellevue in NYC. I would love advice.

Register an account here so I can get your email address privately - and I'll forward your info to some people who may still be in the business of helping set-up med-psych units. I'll email you with some questions before I forward your info.

ReplyQuote
Share: