Clear all

bbPress Updates

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@drdave)
Admin Admin
Topic starter  

Okay - so I decided before I try to make any dramatic changes to the site, I'm going to first update bbPress to the most current version, which appears to be 0.9.0.1

When I went into my old admin panel, I wasn't able to see where my plugins are. I'm guessing that when my webhost upgraded either php or mysql, there was some incompatibility with the old version of bbPress I had running.

I followed the directions on the bbPress website to upgrade the software. First I backed everything up (hopefully!), then I had to delete everything but a few directories. Next, I uploaded the new software, and then ran the install script. It all seemed to go pretty well. I then went into the admin panel and reset a few of the basic formatting settings. Because I had some plugins, I still have to upgrade those. I first had to recreate the sitemap file for that plugin, and this post should help me determine if that is working properly. Next I'll have to update the others.

Okay - after saving the post, it showed up in pink. Not sure what that is about, but appears it needs to be moderated. Maybe it is something with the bozo plugin after searching around. Editting posts shows them in yellow. Gonna try deactivating all plugins and play around a bit more.

ReplyQuote
(@drdave)
Admin Admin
Topic starter  

Okay - so far so good. Post now shows up directly.

Making sure editting this post doesn't make it show up yellow.

Okay - wasn't yellow. Now reactivated sitemap and will see if that works.

Hmm - sitemap wasn't quite right. Had a few messy URL's at the end. Gonna try clearing it out and seeing if it resets properly.

Hmm - that didn't do it. Found this thread:

Gonna try that now. Didn't work - now trying first clearing the old sitemap. That worked. Seems like sitemap is now working. Had to update those links above to get that to work.

ReplyQuote
(@drdave)
Admin Admin
Topic starter  

From 1 year ago:

I'm now working on trying to get a sitemap to be generated for the entire site. This should help the pages get listed into Google, Yahoo, and MSN.

ReplyQuote
(@drdave)
Admin Admin
Topic starter  

From 1 year ago:

Okay - I managed to find a way to get Google sitemaps to work with bbpress, thanks to some help.

You can view my Google sitemap at:

And it was created by following the instructions at:

Seems like it is working well. Amazing since switching over to the new software I'm already indexedin google properly compared to when I was using simple machines forum software. Go figure?

ReplyQuote
Share: