Notifications
Clear all

College Graduate interested in going to Medical School

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

How do i apply for med schools if i have already graduated from college with a degree in international business and marketing? do i have to take a few courses first? and i heard someone tell me about a post back degree. what is that?

ReplyQuote
(@drdave)
Admin Admin

You will need to complete the required pre-med courses and take the MCAT in order to apply to medical school. I have known some people in similar situations to yours and they took evening classes at a local university to complete the pre-med requirements (1 year biology, 1 year chemistry, 1 year organic chemistry, and 1 year of physics). Other people choose to do a "Postbaccalaureate Premedical Program". There is a discussion thread here on post-bac programs and there is also information on the AAMC website. Basically, a post-bacc program is a specific program for people who have a college degree and want to go to medical school, but they didn't take the pre-med courses in college. There are also some programs for people who were pre-med in college, but need to do more work to improve their GPA and make their medical school application stronger.

ReplyQuote
Share: