Notifications
Clear all

Best PhD Program for Cognitive Psychology?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

I'm a freshman now, so of course this could change by the time I graduate, but I have done some research, and supposedly the best two schools are 1. Stanford and 2.CMU, I am already at CMU in the Cognitive Psychology program, would that increase my chances of getting into the graduate program? Or should I look at some other schools? Does anyonen know where I can find listings of what schools are considered the best for these types of programs?

Thanks in advance.

ReplyQuote
(@drdave)
Admin Admin

I don't know anything about clinical psychology programs. I would guess if you are a good student, it would be to your advantage to go their as an undergrad as some of the teachers you work with may also teach in the graduate school (most probaby would) and that would help you with getting accepted. If you are a bad student, though, the teachers may not want you to get accepted and thus it will be more difficult. Some people say you should go to a different school for graduate school and then yet another school for any post-doctoral training - this allows you to learn from a wider variety of people.

Sorry I can't help you more with the cognitive psychology programs...

ReplyQuote
Share: