Notifications
Clear all

What are my chances of getting into medical school?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

Hello! I've been reading a great deal about psychiatry lately and now I'm sure that that's what I want to be. I know it's a tough career path to pursue so I need to know if I even have a chance getting into med school.
I'm about to be a senior in highschool and I must admit that my GPA isn't the greatest. I passed up on a lot of opportunities to get myself involved with school. I guess since I've attended 5 different highschools I've lost the encouragement to do well in school and coming from a low income family I've had to work and neglect my grades a bit. Would a person with my background have any chance of getting into a good university and then into med school?

ReplyQuote
(@drdave)
Admin Admin

belen011,

Someone with your background could get into medical school. Getting poor grades in high school will definitely make it tougher to get into a decent college. However, college grades and MCAT scores are what ultimately will count, not high school grades. You have to be smart enough to understand the material and you have to be disciplined enough to study properly. From the information you've provided, it is impossible to know.

If you do well on your SAT/ACT, you may be able to get into an okay college. How you do there will determine whether you have what it takes to get into medical school.

ReplyQuote
Share: