Notifications
Clear all

Senior in High School wanting to become a Psychiatrist

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

this is sort of off topic but i had a few questions for Admin.

i am a senior in high school with a 3.0 gpa wanting to become a pyschiatrist. i am wondering what i should be doing to prepare for this(i have taken anatomy, med terms, chem, biology). it would be helpful if you could reccomend some schools to apply to and if there are any scholariships available for med students (my family is not very wealthy). also what classes i should be taking my during college to prepare for med school. Thanks in advance.

ReplyQuote
(@drdave)
Admin Admin

First, you should check out this thread: High School Senior Interested in Becoming a Psychiatrist

I really can't recommend any schools as there are way too many variables involved in selecting a college. You should talk to your high school advisor for recommendations on what would be a good fit for you. You'll want to make sure they offer the basic pre-med courses.

There isn't really anything special you should be doing now, other than doing your best to get into the college of your choice.

As for scholarships for medical school, most schools offer grants that are based on need, as well as low interest loans and regular student loans. True scholarships are rare, but can be found. You'd probably need to be a really outstanding applicant to qualify for any kind of scholarship.

I think the other thread I referenced above outlines the courses you should take to prepare for medical school.

Good luck!

ReplyQuote
Share: