Notifications
Clear all

3.0 GPA at UW Madison - Chances for med school?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@fabsue)
Topic starter  

I am currently studying at UW Madison. I have just finished all my Organic Chemistry and general ed subjects. Currently my GPA is 3.0. UW Madison is a very challenging school. I am now into the final stretch needing to complete 2 Bio credits. I may also add 2 neuro science credits. I plan to graduate with a GPA between 3.0 to 3.5. Would that be at least a starting point for consideration for medical schools. I am studying for my MCAT and will complete it in March 2012. What would be a good score to chase? I am also a resident of Illinois and Wisconsin. Why school should I apply to given the above information. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

ReplyQuote
(@drdave)
Admin Admin

Based on the MCAT and GPA data mentioned in this thread, a 3.0-3.2 GPA will make getting into medical school less likely. You would need an MCAT score of 33-35 to have around a 41.5% chance of getting accepted. An MCAT score in the 30-32 range only has a 29.7% chance of getting accepted with a 3.0-3.2 GPA. If you can get your GPA above 3.2 your chances improve, but you will still have to do very well on the MCAT.

I don't have any recommendations on schools to consider.

ReplyQuote
Share: