Notifications
Clear all

Canadian wanting Med School in the US

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone had any input to where I might apply, and have my best shot of getting in somewhere.

I am finishing my fourth year at the University of Alberta

1st year - 3.3
2nd 3.65
3rd 3.85
current 3.9

MCAT- 33Q

I also have been volunteering with St. John Ambulance for 2 years, I have worked with EMS for 2 years, have traveled to Ecuador with Canadian Association of Medical Teams Abroad, and a few other volunteer events.

Are there differences in the requirements for an international student? Any info would be much appreciated!

-Craig

ReplyQuote
(@drdave)
Admin Admin

I don't have much advice off hand, but you can try using the search in the upper right and use the term "Canada". It turns out that since your post title uses the word "Canadian" instead of "Canada", it isn't showing many of the related posts at the end. I know there were some threads here about people studying in Canada and wanting to go to medical school in the US. When I have more time, I'll see if I can figure out the most useful ones.

ReplyQuote
(@eastersudharta)

I don't have much advice off hand, but you can try using the search in the upper right and use the term "Canada". It turns out that since your post title uses the word "Canada" instead of "Canada", it isn't showing many of the related posts at the end. I know there were some threads here about people studying in Canada and wanting to go to medical school in the US. When I have more time, I'll see if I can figure out the most useful ones.

I didn't know it was possible to search. luckily i found what iam looking for. thanks sir.

ReplyQuote
(@moises-kline)

I’m not sure if you’re looking at med school as your only option, but you can have a career in the healthcare industry without going to one as well. A number of well-reputed colleges offer healthcare programs that will prepare you for a variety of healthcare professions right from nursing to administration.

ReplyQuote
Share: